|Job Title: ||Fleet Manager
|Department: ||Fleet Management
|Job Description: ||
- Maintain departmental compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure departmental adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries.
- Deciding whether to lease or buy vehicles.
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Monitoring driver behaviour and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Analysing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- well-versed in the safety laws, regulations, and rules that are relevant to Fleet Management.
- 2 years and above in a logistics role.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Will be added advantage if you are familiar with fleet-specific programs like route navigation software and logistics and supply chain software.
- Needs to understand how to read a balance sheet and how to establish a departmental and fleet budget.
- A fleet manager needs to understand vehicle systems, mechanics, and technology sufficiently to authorize repairs and accurately evaluate the work of employees involved in maintenance and repairs.